Bemidji Middle School (BMS) is founded on sound middle-level principles. The building was designed around the school-within-a-school concept for grades 6, 7 and 8. This concept gives each student a home base with a teacher team and core group of students. Bemidji Middle School provides:
• Curriculum that is challenging, integrative and exploratory
• Varied teaching and learning approaches
• Flexible organizational structures
• Programs and policies that foster health, wellness and safety
• Comprehensive guidance and support services
In addition to a core group of classes that include reading and math reinforcement, students may elect a wide variety of classes that include band, chorus, orchestra, general music, art, family and consumer science, industrial technology, and physical education.