Go To Kindergarten Registration Page

Every school district requires identification of each student as a condition of enrollment, which must be under a student’s legal name as shown on that student’s birth certificate or other legal document. The parent or legal guardian must furnish documentation of the student’s identity, age, immunization and residence. No student may be denied enrollment solely because of failure to meet the documentation requirements. Enrollment is provisional, however, pending receipt of the required documentation and verification of eligibility.

The McKinney-Vento Act and ISD 31 assures the educational rights of students in housing transition. If you are living in the following circumstances: in a shelter, hotel, car, abandoned building, insufficient housing, or with other people because you cannot find or afford housing- you may be eligible for additional services and assistance with enrollment. Please contact Alea Stoll at 218-368-1059 or alea_stoll@isd31.net.


Please note the following items carefully.  As of August 1, 2018 you will need ALL of these required items with you when you come to register your child.

  • Birth Certificate
  • Certification of Immunizations for each child you are enrolling.
  • Parent/Guardian Photo Identification (address must match the address on the primary proof of residence).
  • A copy of the official resident’s primary proof of residence:

Home mortgage statement OR

Builder’s Agreement OR

Purchase Agreement OR

Beltrami/Hubbard County property tax statement OR

Current gas, electricity or water bill (within the last 30 days) OR

Lease/rental agreement (must list the names of the parents/guardians living in the rental unit, plus the manager’s name and phone number.

  • If you have a Beltrami/Hubbard/Cass case number (TANF/SNAP).
  • Custody papers, if applicable (court order of custody or stamped petition is acceptable). If the student is not the biological child, documentation must be presented that proves the transfer of custody and control has been achieved.

A parent or legal guardian who resides with relatives or friends within ISD #31 and who wishes to send a child to an ISD #31 school must submit a Residency Affidavit Form in person and accompanied by the relative or friend in which their residing with. Along with the signed form, the relative or friend must provide a photo identification card and official resident’s primary proof of residence (see acceptable proof above).

NOTE: Bemidji Public School District reserves the right to deny enrollment if it believes falsification of information has taken place or the student does not live at the residence state in the registration paperwork. A home visit may be made if residency cannot be established to the district’s satisfaction.